Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Cottage Bench To Welcome Guests

Greetings! Isn't this the sweetest little Bench? I think so.
It will be even sweeter when my pretty Cabbages and Roses Pillows arrive. We needed a Bench badly.
No, it's true, we really did. You see my Hubby has a little habit of leaving his shoes right at the entrance of the door, so that when I come home from a long day of work myself, I often do that little trip that Rob Petrie did ;) Remember Him? Oh I had such a crush on Dick Van Dyke. We watched the re-runs, just in case you're guessing my age ;)
So anyway...now as you can see there is a bit of room for a pair of shoes just underneath this pretty Cottage Bench, and my Dear Husband can sit instead of stand and fumble around putting his shoes on before he leaves. You're welcome Hubby.
Have a wonderful weekend. It's finally cool and Fallish here, which is the best time of year.
I am joining some of my favorite blogs for Feathered Nest Friday
and Saturday Night Special
coastal charm
 a
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty bench. I agree, we often do need a bench for shoes to help avoid doing the "Rob Petrie fall" over them, lol! I found you on Funky Junk Interiors' SNS 156 Link Party, and am noiw following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice bench and a practical piece as well -- what could be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it....come visit my blog...I think we like a lot of the same things!!!! Debbie www.vintageonadime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect and that red pillow adds the perfect pop of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks gorgeous! I love benches - so relaxed-looking. This one just invites me to sit down and rest. I love your taste in fabrics - I can't wait to see what you've chosen from C and R!

    Sarahxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely -- I love the finish, the style, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found you and I love your blog and your style! I'm now following and I'd love you to visit :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the antique look of the bench.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)