Monday, September 17, 2012

Improve Your Outlook

I have a habit of prettying up my window sills.
 No matter where I have lived, I like to peer out my window and see something pretty there. Vintage candle holders lit at dusk, auromatic potted herbs, or a handful of flowers in dainty creamers or sugar bowls.
 Over the weekend I found the most darling large cup at Homegoods and knew I wanted it for my window sill in the kitchen.
 At just under $5 it was a bargain, not only because of it's vintage cottage look, but because it's design is graced by the most beautiful bird, and gold trim.
 Have I told you I am a bird lover?
 I am.

 I added my little Fenton Milk Glass Mini Kettle , it has a traditional Fenton Daisy and Button pattern, and filled it with some rosy colored blooms.

 No, this is not my window sill, the light was coming in rather strong and darkened everything so I moved them to a spot to take the photo.
 But these little pretties have certainly improved my outloook;)
Thanks to Linda over at Coastal Charm for letting me crash her party

11 comments:

  1. I love that cup! I'm glad you have it where you can see it. I'd probably use that as "my cup" for my morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one there :) I love milk glass but no idea where I'd get it from. In India, its just not available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful information ..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful images - love milk glass!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the big cup. Decorating window sills is fun, isn't it? I have a whole bunch of small bottles on the sash of one of our living room windows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so pretty. I like your cup. I need to go to Home Goods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debra gave me the link to your blog....but I see that I'm already following you.
    I had no idea we were related!



    Ciao Bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  8. These images are so pretty, I love the blue and gold rimmed cup, beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a lovely day. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read many blogs in the past, but to tell you the truth since i came across this one i found that it really stands out. People need to post more quality content like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm forever moving stuff about to get good photos!! The rather grey weather we're having at the moment doesn't make for good pictures. Grrrr!

    But I love your prettiness - it's brightened my day too!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the posts. good blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)