Monday, March 19, 2012

Petits fours

It's no secret the world has gone Crazy for Cupcakes. There are cupcake bakeries on every corner, with clever business names. 
"BabyCakes" "The Frosted Muffin" "Sprinkles"
So tempting!
It's ok to eat the entire cake ;)


Still...I adore a Petit Four every now and then. There is something so elegant,and girly about a pretty little petite  cake made especially for you.
English Butter Pats delicately matching a lovely French Plate


 Individually. Each one hand decorated. 


That's what we're having for desert tonight, while we watch Dancing with the Stars.
New Life for a Glass Butter Dome a lovely "Cake Cloche"


 My Husband sort of pretends to be mildly interested in the show, but between you and me, I think he's been a fan since Kirsty Alley. 
Gold Plated Flatware, a precious metal brought to the table


It doesn't take much to make me happy.
Cake, Hubby, and Gladys Knight...now that's a great evening. 
xoxo tami


Details:
Large Plate: Thrifted Haviland Limoges France
Vintage Butter Pats: Thrifted Johnson Brothers England
Glass Butter Dome: Thrifted
Gold Plated Flatware: Gifted



3 comments:

  1. I just asked my husband if DWS started tonight. I am so excited! My husband loves to watch it. It's one of those things that I started watching and now he is addicted to also. Your petit-fours look yummy. Cute idea to use the butter dome as a cloche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh with the current fashion for cupcakes, I'd all but forgotten about the quaint and dainty Petit Four - quite right that they're due for a revival - perhaps you could start a campaign! Love your blog and am now off to your shop for good browse - happy days!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)