Friday, December 23, 2011

Ideas To Make Your Life Easier

 Disclaimer: These are not my ideas, although over the years I've done a few, as have some of my friends. A family member (Thanks Michelle) sent this to me, and I thought I'd share it with you all. Enjoy, tami


Why didn’t I think of that?!  We guarantee you’ll
be uttering those words more than once at these
ingenious little tips, tricks and ideas that solve
everyday problems.





H
ull strawberries easily using a straw.


Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture
will disguise dings and scrapes. 





Stop cut apples browning in your child’s lunch box
by securing with a rubber band.






Overhaul your linen cupboard, store bed linen sets
inside one of their own pillowcases and there will
be no more hunting through piles for a match.



Pump up the volume by placing your iPhone & iPod
in a bowl.  The concave shape amplifies the music.



Re-use a wet-wipes container to store plastic bags.



Add this item to your beach bag.  Baby powder
gets sand off your skin easily, who knew?!


Attach a Velcro strip to the wall to store soft toys.




Use wire to make a space to store gift wrap rolls
against the ceiling, rather than cluttering up the
floor.






Find tiny lost items like earrings by putting a
stocking over the vacuum hose.




Make an instant cupcake carrier by cutting
crosses into a box lid.




For those who can’t stand the scrunching and
bunching: how to perfectly fold a fitted sheet.




Forever losing your bathroom essentials?  Use
magnetic strips to store bobby pins, tweezers
and clippers, behind a vanity door



Store shoes inside shower caps to stop dirty
soles rubbing on your clothes.  And you can
find them in just about every hotel.




A muffin pan becomes a craft caddy.  Magnets
hold the plastic cups down to make them
tip-resistant.





Bread tags make the perfect cord labels.






Bake cupcakes directly in ice-cream cones, so
much more fun and easier for kids to eat.






Microwave your own popcorn in a plain brown paper
bag.  Much healthier and cheaper than the packet
stuff.




Install a tension rod to hang your spray bottles.



Turn your muffin pan upside down, bake cookie-dough
over the top and voila, you have cookie bowls for fruit
or ice-cream.




Freeze Aloe Vera in ice-cube trays for soothing
sunburn relief.


 
Create a window-box veggie patch using guttering.
­

21 comments:

  1. Your title grabbed me here...love it! But I can't see your pictures (and I so want to, dang it!) Is it just my stupid computer acting up again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Smart, simple, easy! So glad I read this post. But - I thought it was my computer not allowing me to see your pictures, till I read the above comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies thanks for letting me know, hopefully it's fixed now! Blogger is giving me fits tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fixed! I can see all the pictures now :) Some really good ideas...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness what amazing tips!! I am so ready to try a bunch of these!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a bunch of good ideas! Some people are so clever. I really like the cookie bowls. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend just emailed this to me, too, Tami. I had so many "Aha!" moments while reading it! lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of cool ideas!

    I was very excited to see that I fold my fitted sheets correctly!

    I learned how by watching a MAN do it at a laundromat many, many, many years ago.

    Go figure.

    {that is also how I learned to fold t-shirts...}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay! This is super awesome. yes...Why didnt I think of them. Im going to try a couple of those. Specially the cookie bowl and the magnet strip thin. I never find my clips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!

    Hugs,
    Sari from Puumuli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    Lots of really good ideas :)
    I just say Thank´s :)
    and do not miss...

    C
    H
    R
    I
    S
    T
    M
    A
    S

    P
    A
    R
    T
    Y

    It´s fun :)
    WELCOME
    and I wish you a MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS my Friend
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Those are some great ideas! Now, if I can only remember them!!! I'm going to get a tension rod for under the kitchen sink right now....genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever ideas! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, too! So glad you liked my table, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these ideas were new to me except for popping popcorn in a paper bag. I'm printing this out and definitely using many of these in 2012! Thanks for sharing, Tami. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    Take care,
    Erin
    Carolina Country Living

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such fantastic helpful ideas!! I haven't heard of any of them before so can't wait to try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tami, I haven't heard of most of these great ideas. Thanks for sharing.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I just discovered your blog. What wonderful ideas - I could use some of them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I never!! Brilliant ideas!! Like the guttering...and the baby powder for sand... I liked them all!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)