Friday, September 2, 2011

Continental Breakfast

The term conjures up visions of warm, buttery pastries, or blueberry muffins, maybe your favorite doughnut, fresh fruit perhaps? Ah I can smell the cinnamon now;)
Our recent guest's departure day was verrry early, so we set up a simple Continental Style table to send them on their way with some coffee to wake them up, and a quick bite of something yummy. These photos were taken in the wee hours of early morning so the lighting wasn't great. We miss our guests already.

An antique hobnail, pitcher holds cream, other vintage milk glass was used for sugar cubes and that awful sugar substitute ( i don't recommend it) 
 The 3-section basket holds muffins on each side and doughnuts in the center, I "dummy" them with foam to make them look nice and full. Love the white fabric washable insert.
 The pretty milk bottle is a reproduction and I've always loved it, the writing is  orange so I found it perfect for juice;)
 The coffee carafe is my favorite thing to use for company, it keeps coffee hot, and the top dial lets you change the option from "regular" "decaf" etc. Also tooo easy for guests to serve themselves, makes them feel at home.
 And you caught me... I wanted my guests to have the option to take a cup with them, so we used toss away cups. 
What you don't see in the photos is the pretty ruby glass candle I put out, and the pretty ruby glass plates, all in all, it was nice not to cook at 5am. See you soon, xxx tami

18 comments:

  1. How thoughtful and what a great way to send them on their way. Looks wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the perfectly gracious hostess!! This all looks elegant and delicious...how kind of you and you will be remembered for your hospitality!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Such a sweet send off. I can smell the cinnamon and the coffee as I write.
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tami
    What a LOVELY Breakfast :)
    and do not miss....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    WELCOME :)
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I am sitting at my desk hungry thinking a blueberry muffin is just what the doctor ordered. baking may be on the agenda when I get home from work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your continental-style breakfast spread is so cute! I really love it! :D I bet your guests loved it, too, in spite of the early departure.

    (((hugs))),
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous setting! I love that milk glass! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I know for sure I want to come and stay at your home!

    Coffee and doughnuts!

    Yum!

    All sounds wonderful except the 5AM part.....

    heehee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am having a Halloween Giveaway... Come on over!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Breakfast is one of my favorite meals to prepare for guests. You are a very thoughtful hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi lovely,

    I LOVE continental breakfasts. In fact, even a bit of orange juice with my cereal in the morning makes me feel thoroughly sophisticated. I know...simple pleasures!!!

    Sarahxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, what a nice breakfast for your guests, so pretty. I will be your newest follower. Laura Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty breakfast display and the basket looks great filled with the muffins!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you went all out for your guests. I like the foam in the basket idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty blog, and I love your beautiful shabby pink header photo. Love cottage style and have become your new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous breakfast! Everything looks good! Have a lovely day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a perfect hostess!! The setting looks so inviting and I know was so appreciated by your guests leaving early morning!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    I have a fabulous Giveaway from Interieurs I hope you will come and join!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)