Monday, July 4, 2011

An Apple A Day...

This post is not about "keeping the Doctor Away". 
I just wanted to take a moment to thank those of you who sent such nice well wishes regarding my little injury. It was very sweet of you. I have been trying my best to stay off of it as much as possible and still work. This has presented not only a challenge but a great deal of boredom in my life! I really don't like sitting around so much. 
I also wanted to give a big thanks to Sherry of
No Minimalist Here
for this...

Not the apples or the tureen ;) The pretty table runner! Isn't it great? It's very French grain sack looking isn't it?

Sherry was generous enough to share a link on her blog on where to purchase this fantastic fabric. A lot of ladies made a b-line over to the website to get some, and I was one of them.
The price of an authentic French linen table runner can really get up there, to say the least, but the fabric Sherry shared with us is extremely affordable. 

It's  already hemmed on the sides and all you have to do is either hem the ends yourself, have it done, or simply do as Sherry did and use hem tape and iron it together in a no sew project. Easy enough.
I have two sizes, one for my table and one for my little side board. The red stripe is perfect for my decor as you can see, but this comes in a blue too. Many of you have shared your runners on your blogs due  to Sherry's tip. So again, Sherry...Thank you so much! I love my runner!
On a side note, I used the apples for a center piece because the weather where I live is extremely hot, triple digits!  So my roses are not fairing so well, and apples were quick, easy and economical. I did use these pretty mums also which lasted the entire month of June. 
For now the apples will do until  I'm feeling a bit more inspired.

Here 

is the link to Sherry's post so you can find the fabric. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, even though I've been absent so much lately. It's greatly appreciated, xxx
Please visit Linda over at Coastal Charm for more thrifty treasures:) 
And Kathleen over at Faded Charm for her excellent party
White Wednesday
And if you're sharing textiles this week, hop on over to Jami's party
Air Your Laundry 

23 comments:

  1. Hi Tami, Thank you so much for the mention and the link. I am glad you were able to get the fabric for your table runner. Wasn't this the easiest project ever? I hope you are doing better...take care of yourself!
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like those runners and should get some of that fabric since it doesn't have to be sewn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh-oh....I missed something, Tami. What did you do to yourself, girl?? I hope that it wasn't serious and that you're on the mend - with everyone in the house waiting on you hand and foot, of course! :) THANK YOU for the link to that fabulous fabric, too! I can hardly wait to order some for MY farmhouse table!!!! Hugs!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The apples make a fun and colourful centerpiece! I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're on the mend. I love the apples combined with your lovely new runner. It looks so crisp and fresh! x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this project. Your runner, tureen, and apples are a fabulous vignette. Take care of yourself!

    xoxoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your vintage tureen, I have a collection and especially love the tiny ones, perfect for flowers!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your injury. About three summers ago, I caught my foot and fell and twisted it underneath a big pile of decking lumber. Had to wear a leg brace up to my knee for six months. That was not fun. Be careful and take care of yourself.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just absolutely must have a runner out of this material. I went to the site and now geez...I have to pic a color. I want one of each!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must go check out that fabulous fabric. So happy to have found your blog through White Wednesday.
    Laura
    http://imsovintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tami, Your table runner is lovely, its one of those items I have on my wish list :) ... will pop over and have a look .. have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tami. i love your sweet apple, tureen vignette and your runner and thank you so much for the link, I am off to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there! So sorry about your toe? I would LOVE to hear how THAT happened! Maybe misery likes company - I have many battle scars, always up for a good story :-)

    The apples are beautiful - gorgeous vignette.

    Can I send you something? I am thinking something fuzzy and soft for the fall, even though it is July, one must be prepared for cooler days....let me know!

    Love,

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it, love it, love it!! I just bought that fabric and the blue and I can't wait to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you're soon back on your feet :)
    Love your runner - I have similar with blue that I plan on making a runner with too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Tami! I hope you are feeling a bit better this week and are able to get around more, I don't like sitting either. :) I love the table runner and the apples look so delicious.
    I hope you have a wonderful week my friend.
    hugs to you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi lovely,

    How is your foot? Are you okay? It's all very quiet on your blog!! I miss your lovely posts.

    I know that sounds utterly selfish...but what I really mean is that I miss YOU!!

    Sarahxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I feel so bad...what the heck did you do?? Hope everything is o.k. stop by when you can!! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  20. Miss you lady! Hope all is well...=) Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just discovered your lovely blog. I look forward to popping by again for some more inspiration! I'm just new into blogging this year & have put together a daily blog on design, fashion, food, travel and anything pretty.
    http://scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com/ and one on everything coastal
    http://coastal-style.blogspot.com/
    I had a lot of fun putting them together maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for becomming a follower of "the cottage of Vinnord" :)
    Your home is lovely by the way. I love the new table runner as well :D Lucky girl! I have given up on tabel runner due to one very playful cat at my house >.<

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just checking in to see how ya doing. I’m having an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Giveaway…hop over and enter…ends at midnight 8/7.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)