Friday, June 3, 2011

Lavender Lust



A pre 1914 Bottle finds it's way to the High Street Cottage. 
You may purchase this bottle here

Married with one of my Sea Glass Apothecary tops in the same shade of pale purple.


 Only glass with the element manganese in it will turn purple in UV light.

Under UV radiation, the manganese combines with the oxides in the glass to create MnO2, a compound which absorbs light in the visible spectrum except that which creates the color purple. Therefore, as light passes through the glass, it appears purple.

I just think it's pretty:)

By the way, thank you so much to all of you who've been so kind and stopped over to view my shop, and for your sweet comments. Also thank you to Ricki from Art@Home
for being my very first customer! Hope you enjoy your pretty Robin's Egg Blue Milk Glass Compotes Ricki, I sent along a couple surprises too. xxx See you all soon, tami  
Lovely Links:
Funky Junk Interiors 
Hakan's Blog Party, Saturday Show Off 

13 comments:

  1. Ooh! I'd love an entire windowsill lined with these pretty purple bottles. :o) Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottle is heavenly, Tami. I love the cute stopper!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty color. I saw a collection of these at the flea market a few weeks ago. Just love how they look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tami
    Lavendar is LOVELY :)
    Hope everything is ok
    an do not miss

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    WELCOME :)
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful bottles I love the colour of these, I have only ever seen green/blue bottles over here. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bottles Tami! I love that soft lavender color.
    have a great weekend, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous bottles! I have never seen lavender bottles!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, just found your blog and love it. These lavender bottles are so pretty I have never seen them in this color before. A~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful lavender bottles.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have always loved these old lavender colored bottles...thanks for the explanation of why they turn this lovely shade. As a child, I lived in a house with old glass door knobs that had also turned lavender...some things do get better with age.

    Jermaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love old glass like that! Pretty blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are beautiful, I love the color! I had no idea why they turned purple either, very interesting.
    Congrats on your sales too my friend!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those bottle are so gorgeous! X

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)