Friday, April 1, 2011

Seeing Red

This may, or may not, (most likely not) come as a surprise to many of you, but I Love Red :)

It's true, it's been my very favorite color since I was a little girl. 
I remember my Mom buying my Sister and I new Turtle Neck Sweaters, and mine was Red! She knew, My Mom was in tuned to my Love of Red , even then. 
I have touches of Red all over my home, it's nearly in every room. And I love Red Glass! So I have a collection of Red Glass Candle Holders on my Credenza, that when they're all lit, create such a romantic, and serene mood. I light them when we have guests over, or when I'm feeling like enjoying myself and relaxing with a nice glass of wine. That being said, my Husband ( and no, I'll not be calling him "Mr. H, not that there's anything wrong with you ladies doing that, but it's just not us) took to practicing his new camera, and so here is one of the shots he took of bits of my Red Glass. He's taken a few practice shots that I'll share with you all soon. You will probably enjoy it much more than the fuzzy wuzzy shots I take with the "point and click". So to my Darling Husband...Thank You! 

Enjoy...
I'll be linking up to:
Funky Junk Interiors
Hakan's Wonderful Blog 

13 comments:

  1. My grandmother gave me some of her red glass, and I treasure it. Now I'm inspired to decorate my table with some. Good job to your husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. RED is LOVELY :)
    The HAPPY Colour.....
    Do you like to PARTY??
    do not miss


    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    Welcome :)
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby did great! My home is full of red, it is my favorite color also! Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your red glass and my Mom also gave me a love for red...it is just happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am sure they are beautiful and night lit up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love red in winter. So cheery and warming.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who doesn't love RED.........I have a RED family room, and RED powder room and my front door is RED. My Mom let me choose the new color carpet for my room when I was a teenager, it was RED. So I know you'll believe me when I say I love your RED glass candleholders.........

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I bet they do look fantastic when all the candles are lit!

    Looks like quite a collection....

    Is that main one in the photo crackle glass?

    Tell Husband he is doing a fine job with his new camera! I bet he will find it addicting...

    Then you can really put him to work for your blog! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore touches of red, and your collection is beautiful. It's great that you still love some of the same things you loved when you were a child. I'm still living out many of my childhood loves in my decor(my checkered kitchen floors). I noticed you're from California-I'm a Northern Californian.Anyway, I'm a new follower looking forward to learning more about your style. Visit me at Brambly when you get a chance, I would love to hear from you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful collection! I like hints of red around my nest now and then. For me to wear red though I have to be in the right mood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty reds! I love it when husbands get involved in blogging! Great pics, and I look forward to seeing more. What type of camera did he get? Do you have a blog name for your husband? I'm introducing my hub in tomorrow's post. It has been awkward not knowing what to call him besides his name; so I'm glad I now have a name for him. lol
    Have a great week!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. i too loved red as a child, and still do, in dishes, clothes, and my home. check out my blog also!!! all you do has been everyting beautiful, great work and ideas,,thank you

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)