Friday, March 4, 2011

Mood Enhancers

Good Evening One and All, I hope everyone has had a lovely day. 
It's Friday night here, and I have had a long day. I have been prepping for a Tapas party. Just a few close friends over for some wine, and good conversation with a few small bites. 
It's been an unusually warm day here, sun shining, feeling more like Summer than Spring. After running my errands I came home and the temp in the house was 69. No heat on, had to open a window. 

We're still on a Beachy High after our weekend to the Coast. I have not told you but when I go, I bring home a new shell or two, to add to my pretty bowl.

Keeping a bowl full of Sea Shells makes me feel good. Reminds me and my husband of home. And we like that. See the pretty Starfish? 

Those are the new ones, we added from this trip. I love the way they look. And feel, the texture is lovely.
Here's another treasure we found along the way.

A brown transferware pitcher, an antique. This also was to add to one of my collections. You may have already realized, I have too many collections;) The pattern spills over into the lip of the pitcher. Sorry the photo isn't very interesting, but I think the pattern speaks for itself. There were other lovely things we found on this last trip.
I'll share that later, as well as a fun project. By the way our table is nearly finished. I'll show it off very soon. Thank you for all the kind comments, I am ever so grateful. xoxo tami
I'm linking this post to
Funky Junk Interiors
Saturday Show Off 


22 comments:

  1. Beautiful bowl of shells...great old pitcher.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful morning here, I'm sitting with my early morning cup of coffee and my laptop and your's is the first new blog post of the day! What a pretty shell collection. I also love to collect all sorts of things so I can relate. I love your jug. It would look perfect in my house! I am looking forward to seeing your table. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, what great finds! I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and greetings from Finland!

    I am visiting your blog site for the first time and I like what I see... Your new pitcher is very beautiful and romantic! We don´t have shells in the sea around us here in Finland so they always are amazing for me.

    I´ve listed you on my blog and wish you a nice weekend.

    Sari from Puumuli

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little starfish is so cute!!!

    But, oh!

    That pitcher!!!!

    How tall is it?

    I could see it full of your silverware if it isn't too tall.............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you,

    I love your little collection of gorgeous shells. When I was little my Dad used to bring me back shells from the Indian Ocean when he went there on business. Yours remind of them and make me wish I'd kept them!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tami
    Lovely bowl with Shells :)
    and do not miss


    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    WELCOME to Join it :)
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your pitcher. It has been a long time since I picked up seashells...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty. The shells remind me of summers spent at the beach. I can't wait to go back! Your transfer ware pitcher is so pretty. I like the shape of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo! I NEED that pitcher! So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The transferware pitcher is just gorgeous! I've been thinking of starting a collection of those.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pitcher and I think it is such a great idea to bring shells home from all of your coastal trips. It's a wonderful way to remember wonderful times!! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tami...the pitcher is my favorite but I'm a sucker for pitchers. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comments about my give away. I've got you on my blog roll so I don't miss one of your posts. Hope you are having a great weekend. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, the pitcher is gorgeous!
    Hope your having a nice weekend.
    Mio

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so difficult to give up that beach-life feeling after spending time along the shore, isn't it? It wraps itself around your heart and won't let go. :) Lovely shell vignette!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your visit!!!
    Love your blog;o)

    Malin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love seeing the pretty shells ~ we know Spring is coming but Summer is soon to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pitcher. Simply beautiful.
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your shell collection! I always bring some home if I've been away and they always make me smile and think of happy times:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! I just gave your blog an award. I hope you will stop by and accept it.
    http://willowcreeks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooh I love your jar of shells! The starfish are so pretty and so perfect! They make me smile as well and I love having little things around me that make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the jars of shells and that beautiful transferware pitcher is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)