Tuesday, November 2, 2010

She Sells Sea Shells ...

Not really, but she buys them ;) My Husband just so happens to have grown up five minutes from the Ocean. So I thought to add a touch of shells into our home decor was fitting to remind him of home. A few months ago we found a pretty star fish garland (still new in the packing) from the thrift store, I simply set it into my old enamel pan which sits beneath my one dollar table. Then he found a pretty bunch of shells to add to what we already had, so I filled up a vintage bowl and set them on top. I can hear the ocean now, calling us home. Our project will be finished soon, sorry for the delay, hope it will be worth it. For those of you sweet ladies and gents who take the time to peep my pics and comment on my posts and simply browse my page and join, this is  for you...



Muahhhhhhhhhh! xoxo tami
It's White Wednesday so I'll be linking up to the ever so sweet Kathleen over at Faded Charm

20 comments:

  1. How pretty. I just love sand dollars and starfish. How lucky that you found that garland. Wouldn't it be pretty for Christmas if you hung it with some greenery on your mantle? You would have some pretty Christmas stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~*I LOVE shells too!! Yours look so pretty~*Hugs,Rachel~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't ever decorate with seashells because I live so far from the ocean-I think they're one of God's gifts to us though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the Pacific. The Atlantic just isn't the same. Although seeing snow on the beach is different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the starfish garland! What a great find! Shells have that affect on you know.....They're always whispering about the ocean..... :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you know that I LOVE this coastal touch!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sea shells are so beautiful !! I can never get enough!
    Tammy :-)
    JUNK WILD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! Love the shells- and starfish garland? How fantastic! Can't wait to see your project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seashells and have them around the house all year long. Yeap, right there with the pumpkins, the Christmas ornaments and the Easter rabbits!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have seashells around the house all year long. Can't wait to see my sparkly ones on the tree soon! Pretty post today ~ happy White Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How Pretty ~ I can see Starfish covered in Glitter, hanging on the Christmas Tree.... Thanks for Sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love sea shells and enjoy seeing them no matter how they are used. Everything is delightfully lovely. I'm your newest follower.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your starfish garland! Shells just speak calm. We have them throughout the house, too. Other than the mountains... the beach is where I love to be. Can't wait to see what you do...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shells and seastars....I never tire of looking at them....each one unique and special! Just beautiful, Tami!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love shells, and yours look so pretty.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and sweet idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We live in the midwest now...but born and raised in California...so I too have shells all over to remind me of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great garland. And a great chippy enamel bowl! Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I'll put your proposal to the people that live in that gorgeous house with the gorgeous kitchen! I'm sure they'll say yes...if I ask very nicely! Get ready to pack your bags!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)