Sunday, November 7, 2010

Glimpse Parte Due



Here is another peek at our Guest Room. A Vintage dresser greets guests when they arrive, topped with a crystal candle collection. The pretty mirror was found at Marshall's. The little slip covered chair was a castaway from our old office at work, my boss asked me why on earth I wanted it.After removing the little arms, I tried on one of my slip covers and it fit perfectly. I found the slip covers at a discount store, ( I bought 6) they were $4.95 each, a steal in my book. I have used a couple when I find something they fit, and saved the rest. I save things, which I'll post about later. (save not hoard haha). The collection hung over the chair are garden border trims. This room has been the same since we moved into our home. We are working on a new piece of furniture for it, when it's ready I'll show you the bed. The flowers are silk, which I prefer fresh, however this room is not used very often so the silk are a nice stand in.
Just to add, Fifi's new book will be available in March. I have pre ordered an extra one as a giveaway, so stay tuned for that on top of the other giveaway I'll be having very soon! If you're interested in purchasing the book, simply click the photo at the top right of my blog, and it will take you to the link to pre order. Fifi is the editor of Romantic Homes magazine and just the sweetest lady. Her style has influenced people all over the world, and her book promises to be nothing short of Fabulous.
I'll be linking to Cielo's Beautiful Blog The House In The Roses for her lovely party Show Off Your Cottage Monday be sure to check out her pretty special spot in blogland. 
and to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch

23 comments:

  1. So pretty. I just love those garden trims! Dresser is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tami,

    The chair looks so different. Don't let your boss see....they might want it like that back at work!!

    I like the garden trimsbits on the wall. Nice colours.

    I love your floral touches. It's never too much....just subtle and lovely.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little dresser is so sweet and I love the glass candlesticks... very cottage chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dresser is so cute!I love all the candles on top.The chair looks great with that cute little slip.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty....and so inviting! Love it! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I tend to be the opposite. I get rid of things (for lack of storage) and then regret it later. Love your room!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one beautiful dresser!! Thank you very much for such a sweet comment - I like to keep a soothing atmosphere on my blog; I feel it's the best gift I can give to readers. :)
    Hugs,
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dresser. The room is so soft and comfortable. I love the chair transformation too. I want to stay there.
    Visiting from Met. Monday.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the garden edging hanging on the wall as art! What a great idea. I have some of this around a front flower bed but never thought to put it up on the wall. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure hope that your boss doesn't read you blog...just might want that chair back!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love garden style! What a terrific room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty room. Love the idea of the garden edging on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey thanks so much ladies, I'm sorry the photography lacks , but I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a new follower. Thanks for following me.
    Looking forward to more of your inspiring posts.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that little white dresser!!! and the rose pillow!!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi

    What a lovely home you have. Love the collection you hang over your chair, nice!

    Have a great day// Pirre from Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pure prettiness, Tami.
    Have a happy Tuesday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a romantic place and blog! Cute pillow and the chair of the posts below, so beautiful! Mari.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning...first let me say I would be a guest at your house anytime,its just lovely...and I have to say thank you for the note you left me today,I think it touched me more than any other note I have had and for that I thank you!!!!! Lastly,I do want that book...I must check out amazon cause I doubt they will have it here in Canada...talk soon,hope your day is not to hectic! x0

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your guest room looks wonderful! Don't you just love slipcovers?! They, totally, transform a chair and a room. Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is nice to know and be understood by another transferware collector!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What wonders an inexpensive slipcover can do. I would like to buy one and use it as a pattern. I love the wall art using the metal pieces. So pretty. Any guest would dream sweet dreams here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 4.95?? you can't even by the fabric for that price. Great deal.

    Thanks so much for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful and creative blog....thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)