Monday, November 1, 2010

Chair Affair



I do have a love affair with Chairs, as do many of you I see. So, I thought I would share with you my favorite chair. I found it about 7 or 8 years ago in a thrift shop for about $28.00 and fell in love with the pretty shape. It was also the perfect size for me. At the time it was a sagey green, with some well placed spills and stains. I paid no never mind as I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I've been a huge fan of Waverly Fabrics since the early 80's so I went straight to the fabric store to purchase the fabric I'd looked at for ages in the shop. There wasn't quite enough, so the shopkeeper called over to Santa Barbara and they had enough to send. I took it to my favorite upholsterer downtown and the result is what you see. He also finished a $5.00 footstool to match. I shop a lot in Ventura County and Santa Barbara and believe me the prices can really get up there. Now it's a one of a kind custom made for my tush. The pretty willow lantern you see in the other photo is a discount store find, for $8.00, they had two and I snatched them up a couple summers ago. I really love them.
I'm linking up again with Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
And to Bonnie's wonderful blog
 House of Grace Twice Owned Tuesday

21 comments:

  1. You're a great shopper! I'd like to follow you around sometime and watch you make the deals. Love the chair. My vice is tables. I have this thing about bringing home tables.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks like a comfy chair! What a deal too. Lynette Jennings wrote in her book, No Compromise Decorating, that there should be NO uncomfortable chairs in the home. That all seating should be comfortable. We need a few more comfy chairs for our family room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks so comfortable, I just want to plop down on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful chair and I love Waverly fabrics too!! It looks so comfy too!!

    I just picked up a lantern like that last week. I love them! Just need to find a candle to put in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the chair is just heavenly! I love it!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric really suits the beautiful lines of this chair. It looks like a comfortable chair to put your feet up in and read. Although, I'd probably be looking at the chair more than reading :) Love it!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I do love that chair. I also love Waverly fabrics! Thanks for sharing.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully feminine chair! Love the curves! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful chair...thanks for showing it off at my PARTY!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a fan of Waverly as well!! This is a beautiful set!

    Come and see my latest find! Would love your thoughts....

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~*Love your chair!! Such a deal!!~*~Hugs,Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh such a beautiful chair! I love your blog. lovley photos and the cone you did was beautiful:) hihi...

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to have a 'favourite upholsterer'. It sounds very glamourous! As though you have a list of ten that you use for everyday but your best pieces got o your favourite upholsterer!!

    This is GORGEOUS!

    It's lovely seeing your style bit by bit. I like the florals that you've chosen. Beautifully romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your fabric choice and your chair is gorgeous! I love the lines of the chair as well with the high back and the curved arms. What a great find!

    I have two chairs from a yard sale that are sitting in my living room. I am trying to decide if I should attempt to upholster them myself or take them somewhere, although I do not have a favorite upholsterer :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too have a love for chairs...yours is lovely! Pillows are another addiction of mine!!! All the best.Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful chair and I love the fabric you chose. The lantern is also wonderful. Give me anything made of wicker, reed or rattan and I am a happy girl.
    xo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the chair! The lines are great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your chair and I too have a weakness for pink and green. My bedroom is in those colors and I never get tired of them. I can definitely see why it is your favorite chair. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments on my chair, it's sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful chair. I love Waverly fabric. It has such a rich feel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd wanted to have an affair with that chair too! I also love Waverly fabrics-somehow they're just timeless. I have a waverly slipcover on my couch with roses and I never tire of looking at it. I think it's wonderful to take something worn out, but with great character and re-do it-Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)