Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Vintage Chippy Hutch From A Surprising Place

My Chippy White Hutch

Chippy Details
Hardware detail
Hello again, many of you have commented on my lovely white hutch, and wanted to see more. So I thought for Monday's link party, I'll be linking up soon, I would share the entire piece and where it came from. When my husband and I moved into our home 7 years ago, we decided it was time to replace our little round Ikea table (which we'd had since 1992) because it only sat 4. We really wanted a true dining room, and a table that would accommodate at least 6. We found the prettiest vintage gate leg table with two leaves from one of our favorite antique dealers. They're masters at distressed finishes. So we then began the search for the perfect china hutch. The prices were out of this world. Then one day he was at a local pharmacy (they used to carry lots of fun gift items and a few small pieces of furniture). And there it was... he called me at work to say he'd found it, and felt I would like it. He had the store hold it, and I went to look, it was perfect! Even down to the chippy paint! After getting it home, I searched the maker online, they specialized in furniture made from vintage wood. All sorts of cottage styles. The price? $250.00 which for me was well worth it! It's the perfect size for our dining room. You'll see more of my china collection in the photos as well as the sign above the hutch which reads ( la tour Eiffel) I purchased that when I got the hutch, I had admired it in our local mall for a couple of years, and was glad I got it when I did as the store is no longer there. I'm linking this to Show off your Cottage Monday at The House of Roses

11 comments:

  1. I love your chippy hutch and I love the red and white dishes.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I really love your chippy hutch! and it looks lovely with red transferware dishes! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Thanks for visiting and following. Your hutch is perfect!!! Love it and your dishes! I also love toile and have touches of it everywhere. I'll be showing more interior pics over the winter months. Thanks for sharing this beautiful find!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. $250 bucks?? That is just insanity! What a steal! It's a beautiful hutch that I'm sure matches wonderfully...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower and I just adore your blog! Happy I found it and I love the hutch! xoxoxo www.1942charm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an inspiring post! Your blog is so pretty! Happy Autumn!

    www.oatmealandwhimsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~*~*LOVE your cHiPpY White Hutch!!~*~* ;)Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hutch! All your red, and white china is gorgeous....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely wonderful pictures. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this piece....It's perfection! Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you find those adorable red transferware dishes with the little cabins on the cups? I absolutely love those...I've never seen them before. Thanks for showing them off.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)