Saturday, October 16, 2010

Time is a DressMaker...

 specializing in alterations.  ~Faith Baldwin

When I was younger, I kept three clocks in our home. One on our vcr, one on the microwave, and one digital alarm in our bedroom. Guests often commented on this for some reason "Don't you have a clock"? "What time is it, where is the clock?" " I don't see a clock" and so on. I would point to the vcr. And to be honest, it was because I never really found a clock I liked. Untill I found this one, we've had it now around 3 years or so. Right before the big vintage clock thing hit. So , suffice it to say we paid a pretty penny for it (in terms of thrifting prices). It was at a furniture store that has long since closed. It's made of tin or some sort of metal. I do love it. I liked that it has a french design. And a pretty vintage paint treatment. I have another vintage looking clock in my kitchen which I'll share at a later date. The chippy candle sticks are from a porch, the patina is original and I've actually had them for over 10 years. They came from a favorite antique store in a nearby town. To keep them clean, I simply run them under the sink gently to rinse off any dust. The vintage glass votives hold dried lavender. They serve the same purpose as a nosegay, you can simply pick them up and the aroma will  instantly make you feel de-stressed. Linking to *a little lovely's Saturday Soiree
and toFunky Junk Interiors Sat-Nite Special
andThe Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday

9 comments:

  1. I'm in love with these candlesticks!! Your home looks amazing xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful clock and great photography, too! LUV your living room!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks so much Ashley and Heaven's Walk, very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blog! I LOVE everything here. Thanks for the sweet comment about the cupcakes in a jar.

    Kisses from the WhipperChicks

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is indeed a very cool looking clock. I've had mine for years too and it's all metal and distressed looking. And hasn't had a new battery in it in AGES. Isn't that what microwaves are for? LOL

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great clock, and I really LOVE those chippy white candle sticks... gorgeous!
    Happy Sunday!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome clock. I understand your feelings about finding the perfect one. I'm always on the look out for an alarm clock, with a snooze button, that isn't digital and lookd old. No luck so far. If anyone ever comes across one, let me know. I often think they'd sell well to those of us who look for something better than LED lights glaring at us.

    Gorgeous candlesticks. Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful clock and chippy candlesticks! Hey, thanks for the follow but you are following my test blog - you may want to visit http://www.rustyroostervintage.blogspot.com/ I would love to have you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great candlesticks. Or is it porchsticks? I saw someone at an antique store selling posts from an old porch and my husband thought I was nuts for wanting to buy one. At the time I didn't know what in the world I would do with one, but this is a great idea. I wish I would have not listened to my husband and bought one.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)