Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Swedish Blog Inspiration

I have really been inspired lately by some of the Swedish and German Blogs. Their soft whites and rustic pieces are amazingly put together into simple vignettes. But one thing in particular that caught my eye is the beautiful way the candy is wrapped and presented. If you get a chance take a peek here Inspiratin i vitt and here
also please check outMy inspiratin photo at Vitaloppan's Blog

 I'm always on the lookout for pretty unique hostess gifts, as I have a policy never to show up empty handed. So I made a trip to Michael's and picked up paper doilies and damask sheets of printed paper and shaped them into the pretty cones I've seen so often in the blogs. I filled them with meringue cookies. I simply taped it together with clear tape, but you can use a pretty sticker. Also with the paper doily you can cut it in half so that both sides of the cone show the lacy edges.  On a side note, it looks like I'm inching my way to 100 followers, and when I reach that number I'll be having a giveaway, with a few pretty vintage treasures as the prize. Thanks to all of you for the sweet comments, it always puts a smile on my face. Have a wonderful day one and all, tami
Linking to The Shabby Chic Cottage Transformation Thursday
and toThe ColoradoLady Vintage Thingy Thursdays  
And to My Romantic Home Show and Tell Fridays
And finally to Frou Frou Decor's Fabulous Friday Finds 

20 comments:

  1. I love this look!! I'm hosting a baby shower the first weekend of November and I'm certainly going to incorporate this idea :) Have a wonderful Wednesday! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I too don't like to show up empty handed. And as a frequent hostess, love to get inspired gifts such as yours.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a hostess gift Tami, I too don't like to show up empty handed. ~Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning~
    Love what you made!! So delightful! It's a great idea for a hostess gift!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked up a neat idea from your foreign friends. You did a god job on your candy wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of wrapping candy in paper cones....how sweet! (literally and figuratively!)
    I love the idea of grilling tomatoes! I bet they would be good grilled, then topped slices of fresh mozzarella cheese too! Mmmm....I'm making myself hungry! lol I have humus in my fridge right now...I love it! Maybe I should make all that for dinner tonight. :) I think I'm going to make pinto beans and fried green tomoatoes for dinner tomorrow! :)
    Thanks for the idea!
    HUGS
    Missy
    OH and good luck on hitting 100 followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh....how very pretty is everything here ! Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to stop by and leaving a message on my little blog....I appreciate it ! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week ! much love,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those blogstoo - scrummy photos!

    Speaking of scrummy....I'll have eight of your sweet containersplus the sweets, please,Tami!! They look yummy and I think I could manage to eat them all myself!!

    Thank you SO much for letting me know about Modern Country Style being on the Welcome Wagon. I didn't know until you said!

    Thank you so much!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello dear, how glad I am that you like my way of showing how you can do with candy. I love to fill old bottles, cones and boxes of candy, it is so beautiful then. Your cone is beautiful and I think I'll take one and tastes a piece of it hihi. Many warm hugs to you / Ingela.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. Everything tastes better when wrapped up and packaged in such a beautiful way. Your pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been hankering to make some of those cones (or some call them tussie-mussies) for well over a year now. Got to get my butt into gear. You've inspired me.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean about these in other blogs, I have seen them too! I love what you did and I think that is a sweet hostess gift! Great idea and inspiration today. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea! I, too, love the simple beauty in many Swedish and German blogs. You don't have to know the language to know pretty. ;-)

    ~Melanie
    www.theoldwhitecottageblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a simple and sweet little gift. Thanks for the idea. Your photos look lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paper cones are often used for serving food to go. Fish and chips, roasted nuts, candy, etc. Often times the vendors use newspaper rolled into a cone. Your paper cones are pretty, like a victorian tussie mussie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a big fan of swedish blogs also. I love the colors they use and the comfy, casual feel to their rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also like Swedish blogs :)
    Hugs from Sweden
    Håkan

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have some Sweedish and German blogs I ♥, too... some of them the ones you mentioned. I love Inspiration I Vitt and all those candy posts she did.... just gorgeous! Your candy wrap looks really pretty... makes the candy seem so much more tantalizing. :)
    Congratulations on nearing 100 followers... 78... you'll be there before you know it! :)
    Have a Happy Halloween!
    ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! I came to your blog via My Romantic Home and I am sooo glad I did!! I love what I see! Lots of eyecandy!! Add me as one of your followers!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)