Friday, October 29, 2010

Soup Comfort

My name is Tami and ...I am a "Soupaholic"! haha 
It's true...I love soup, and it can be any kind, it's not like wine where you have to be somewhat particular (pay no attention to my tagline). I can open a can, mix up a ramen, or savor the broth that comes with my chinese dinner. So... that being said, I look for quick easy soup ideas that will put something savory, hot, and comforting on the table in minutes if you will, as I'm a "WW". Oh? you don't know what that means? It stands for "Working Wife". Yep, I work full time, on my feet 40 hours a week in heels. One night I craved, yes, craved shrimp and tortellini, in a soup, and searched online and found a recipe quick and easy from the fabulous people at Buitoni. I sort of "perfected" their recipe and came up with this.....it will make a good size pot to feed your family be it 4 or 10. 


2 cups of your favorite marinara jar sauce ( I use Prego traditional)
1 cup of white wine (be it boxed, bottled just something you fancy)
2 32 oz containers of Chicken Broth ( I use organic, low sodium)
1 small bag or half large bag of frozen petite green peas
1/2 to 1 pound of frozen shrimp (tails off peeled)
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 12-16 oz  cheese tortellini pasta 

Pour chicken broth, wine, and sauce into a pot, bring to a boil
add shrimp, bring back to a boil
add cayenne
add peas bring back to a boil
add tortellini bring to a boil again, and serve
Try very hard not to eat 3 bowls, go on...I dare ya ;)
I'm linking this up to
Vanessa's Soup Exchange at Southern In My Heart

19 comments:

  1. This sounds great. The other day we made homemade Italian wedding soup with turkey meatballs. We gotta try this soup. Thanks Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi J...Oh I love Italian Wedding Soup, a place here locally made it and I used to get a bowl for a quick lunch. You'll love the shrimp tortellini, Dad and Michelle liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am a soup lover and will give this one a try. Thanks for stopping by FK and introducing yourself. It's great to discover new blogs and make new friends. Have a great weekend.

    ~jermaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tami, Me too, I love soup, a perfect fall meal!!
    Target had those little votive cups not in with the christmas, but on that aisle at the far end of the main front isle where they sell seasonal decor, they were going fast, and I wish I had picked up a few more that I did:-)))
    Have a great weekend!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tami,
    I love soup as well, unfortunately it is very hot here today and even though I still like to drink hot drinks I can't seem to eat soup!

    Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such beautiful words. You have such a lovely space.
    Have a wonderful weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks great. I make a soup for dinner every Tuesday and this is one I will have to try. It sounds easy also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty blog. Love all your beautiful dishes. Deb =^..^=x5 Ottawa, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. om gosh. too easy not to try. I'm a WW too - so need easy peasy. And i love shrimp and tortellini. saving this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jazzed about this soup exchange! I have just discovered yet another delicious soup recipe. I'm going to have to make a whole new recipe folder just for soup.

    Really! Yours looks incredibly easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It totally cracks me up that we both used tortellini in our soups! :-) I'll use any excuse to add pasta to something! And I could seriously gorge myself on shrimp so this is the perfect combination for me. Thanks so much for joining in the fun today!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so yummy looking! I adore your blog. Thank you for visiting me as well. You're always welcome anytime.

    Happy Halloween weekend!
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi ,Your soup looks so good.Today is a good day for soup. It's cold here.Have a great weekend.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...all of these great soups! I love a tortelleni soup...heck I love tortelleni anything! :o) Thanks so much for joining our Souper Sister Saturday. If you'd like, feel free to link up over at my site as well! Whole different set of readers who I'm sure would love this great recipe!

    Heather @ Gourmet Meals for Less (the other half of Sister Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am SUCH a big fan of yummy recipes that are quick to prepare and look as good as this!

    It looks as though you've been preparing that for hours...if not days!!

    Is your job secretly preparing soups for blog link parties?!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds easy peasy and yummy! I've never had soup with shrimp in it before- I must be living under a rock! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds yummy and makes me want to make some soup! Soup and biscuits for tomorrow it is...thanks! ~Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  18. This soup sounds wonderful! Hubby and I were just saying tonight we need to find some good soup recipes. I'll be adding this one to the list. Thanks
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks sooo good! I saved to my favorites, so I have the recipe handy when I want to try it! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)