Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mumz the Word

Today was one of those crazy work days, rainy, chaotic, dare I say a bit gloomy. It was nice to come home to a roast and potatoes, made in my slow cooker and these.....I picked up some mums at the grocery store the other day as I had some company coming. The ready bouquets just didn't do it for me this time, and I was about to walk away without a single bud, when I saw the little pots in the bargain area. You know the ones, the pot is wrapped in a foil of some sort. But they had the most beautiful mums in all white. I couldn't pass them up, and today they're still holding up nicely, I had enough to make four arrangements too, which is far better than the pricey bouquets. I used some as a center piece and added the rest around the house. Hope you like. I'm linking this up to
Kathleen's Faded Charm White Wednesday



12 comments:

  1. I never think about mums in white-it's refreshing for fall and very different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything....thanks so much for your comment about milk glass, I know nothing!!Love your flowers and the pitchers too. very nice post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mums, and lovely views of your rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pitcher in your first and last photos. It looks so pretty with your mums :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those white flowers just look beautiful in the jugs, I like putting flowers into jugs too.
    Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for the nice comments, and for visiting. It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your pitchers/jugs are wonderful! I spy some beauitful red and white dishes in that cabinet in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How Pretty ~ Love the White Table & the Cabinet with the Red Dishes behind.... Such a Beautiful Setting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much! All the comments are very much appreciated! I will take some more photos of my china hutch soon. I think you'll all be a bit surprised as to where I got it. (no telling j...) ;) The dishes I've collected for years now. My first red and white set were nikko, a simple pattern of rose buds in red on a white background. A GoodWill find, $12.00 for an entire set. Since then (1992) I have carried on finding red and white here and there, and also mixed many patterns in between, green and white, reds with pinks and browns, with yellows. They all seem to compliment each other. Stay tuned for more china, and my hutch. tami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tami! After looking at your beautiful white mums, I'm ready to go outside and pull up all my burgandy ones and replant white ones! The whites are just so fresh and clean and pure looking. And they look great in your pitchers! Happy WW!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved all your pretty vignettes. So lovely
    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)