Sunday, October 31, 2010

Getting the Goods



I've been hearing about Home Goods for ages now, and untill the other day had no idea we had one just a short drive away. So Saturday we decided to get up early and go check them out. It was raining anyway so there wasn't much else to do, and it was an excuse to have a nice lunch. On the way there I kept saying, " I won't go crazy, I'll only get something if it's too good to pass up" " We really don't need anything, I'll be good"(crazy talk) The doors opened and I heard my husband say "Wow". Wow is right! We had a blast, and we were on the hunt for some candle sticks to go on our new piece of furniture we've been working on. He found two stunning mercury glass candle holders the perfect size. I did stop myself from buying a chair that was to die for, but I knew we just had no room. (a clearance piece for 250 and it was stunning). We also stopped at Trader Joes, for fresh flowers (their prices are the best) and some goodies.  More meringue cookies in white. We had a nice lunch too in between, and came home exhausted. Please enjoy the flowers I picked up, and hopefully by White Wednesday I'll be able to show you the finished project. (the legs are giving us a bit of trouble) I'll link this up later, I'm off to a business meeting this early Sunday morning, and I'm in charge of the coffee.
Be sure to stop by Cielo's blog where she hosts a lovely party every Monday you can find her here

16 comments:

  1. Don't you just LOVE finding a whole new shop nearby to love and to cherish?! I like the soundof the mecurised glass a LOT!

    Do we get a picure of those?? Please?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, yep, I'll be sharing a picture more sooner than later of the candle sticks we purchased. We're nearly finished with the cabinet we've (my hubby mainly) been working on. I hope to have it done by Wednesday and I'll take some nice photos. Thanks to you and Ann for the nice comments, tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blog. It's so cozy here and inviting. I've visited our HG in Dallas (90 miles away) one time. I didn't need anything either, but that didn't stop me. I was enamored of a red leather chair there, but didn't get it either.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe part of my love of coming here is that I don't have to type in word verification! Yea!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vignette is very pretty. I also love hydrangeas and white pitchers. Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. I'm your newest follower and I'm off to read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Brenda and Elizabeth, I love both your blogs too. Brenda, I hate word verification too! I so far have not had to enable comment moderation either. I like simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tami... i couldn't find your email but wanted to say thank you so much for the kind words, and i CANNOT believe you had the patience to read all those ridiculous posts!! [i can't believe i had the patience to finish it all!!

    you are wonderful! thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Home Goods is amazing. I'm glad your husband enjoyed it too. Love the flowers and cookies in a cone.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your vignette, pretty! wish we have Home Goods at my side of the world! glad you have a great day with your love ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard much about Home Goods too! Would love to pay a visit! Love hydrangeas always - beautiful pictures,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tami,

    Love Home Goods!

    ♥Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog! ♥


    Bisous,

    Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
    http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, love Homegoods but have only been there once since it is not close. That's good because I did a lot of damage!!

    Can't wait to see your project. Just found your blog and am loving it!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Home Goods is my fav. Just have to stay away from there or it's all downhill.
    I just love your blog, everything is beautiful!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. We finally got a Home Goods here that just opened last weekend! I can't wait to go check it out!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)