Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Newish Appliances

We've lived in our home for over 7 years, and kept putting off getting new appliances. The main reason is that we've always been of the mind set "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" but over time, I found I just couldn't stand it anymore. After painting the kitchen cabinets (they went from a grungy brown to fresh white) , we decided it was a good time to replace our old stove top, hood, and oven. (the fridge is getting a little makeover, for now.) You'll notice our old tile ( I plan on painting that also, however it's in discussion/debate at the moment). We opted out of a hood, and a decorative piece was added instead.We added a new affordable glass cooktop, very easy to clean, and care for. Here's a few photos of the work in progress. By the way...the oven (the white one) is actually used and not new, it's the one I chose online when looking, and the cost was between $800.00 and $2000.00 (for self cleaning, which is the one we ended up with) however we were in a thrift store one day and found it, for sale for only $65.00, that's right. It pays to thrift! We paid a friend to install it and he did a great job. We're thrilled with it, and it works great! I've since added accessories, but these are the photos after installation.


6 comments:

  1. The new appliances look great. We choose not to put a hood above our stove also, although now I regret it. Cooking in the summer can create a lot of heat. The hood would pull most of that heat away. Now the heat just hangs in the kitchen. That's no problem in the Winter, but sucks in the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I agree Dave, sans the hood is not for everyone. So far so good for us, but I do turn the air up while cooking on the hot evenings. Glad Fall is nearly here:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How brilliant! A stove for $65 bucks?!! You can't beat that with a stick. I too want to paint all of my cabinets white, and my floor, and my walls, and my hair, haha...I think you get the point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie, thank you, we love our oven. It works great! I use it several times a week and we still look back and giggle when we think of all the money we saved. Thanks for joining, tami

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and read each and every comment, which are greatly appreciated :)